Would you buy the exact same guitar you already have but in a different color?

65refinyellow

Squier-holic
Jun 29, 2015
norcal
I have done just that.

I have two Epiphone Dots, one is a 98 Samic Korea, and the other is an 04 Unsung Korea model.

They sound completely different, even acoustically.

I also have two Squier SE's. One Black, one White.

My guess in them sounding different is that they have very different pickups than each other. I honestly can’t think of anything in their construction that would make a big difference in amplified tone.

drewcp

Dr. Squier
Staff member
Dec 14, 2018
Saint Paul, MN
I think these are the only two I have that would have been the same model when they were new

I bought them both used.

Attachments

• 20220909_175204.jpg
    20220909_175204.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220909_175217.jpg
    20220909_175217.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 3

Blues256

Squier-Nut
Apr 3, 2020
Poland
Of course we do this with Squiers ... but would you spend $1300 (tax and shipping) on a guitar you already have but in a different color? Identical specs ... but different color.

I want this guy ... but if the wife finds out that I picked this up instead of the dryer, I may be sleeping in a cot in my classroom.

pbfqu54na8r2fd4x8xck.jpg

Should I do it ???
You arent the only weirdo here. Many of us would do it

Las Palmas Norte

Squier-Axpert
Feb 19, 2017
Vancouver Island, Canada
Of course we do this with Squiers ... but would you spend $1300 (tax and shipping) on a guitar you already have but in a different color? Identical specs ... but different color.

I want this guy ... but if the wife finds out that I picked this up instead of the dryer, I may be sleeping in a cot in my classroom.

pbfqu54na8r2fd4x8xck.jpg

Should I do it ???

Do you really need any of us to answer this question? You have to address your obsessing.

brians

Squier-holic
Oct 1, 2017
South Africa
Eddie, I've done exactly this, more than once 😄

My excuse to myself was I wanted to keep them in different tunings.Lame, I know.

Although I guess there is some merit in the fact that one can quickly change guitars that feel the same but are in a different tuning.

Last edited:

Eddie

My Squier is on Fire !!!
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2016
New York
Eddie, I've done exactly this, more than once 😄

My excuse to myself was I wanted to keep them in different tunings.Lame, I know.

Although I guess there is some merit in the fact that one can quickly change guitars that feel the same but are in a different tuning.

Best excuse in the world. That's what I'm gonna tell my wife !!!

But honey, yes, they're the same guitar, but this one is standard E tuning and this one is drop D. I NEED IT !!!

Eddie

My Squier is on Fire !!!
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2016
New York
I can just picture the convo:

Wife: don't have you another guitar like this?
Me: no, this is white, the other one is black.
Wife: but they're the same guitar?
Wife: do they sound the same?

Latest posts