Which Squier Precision has a Jazz neck?

DADGAD

Squier-Nut
Nov 1, 2017
California
I want to pick up a Squier Precision bass but I prefer narrow Jazz bass necks. What Squier models come with a Precision bass pickup came and a Jazz neck? I already have a Squier Jazz bass but want to add the Precision bass tone.

Thank you.

Guitarmageddon

Squier-Axpert
Sep 27, 2014
Canada
I want to pick up a Squier Precision bass but I prefer narrow Jazz bass necks. What Squier models come with a Precision bass pickup came and a Jazz neck? I already have a Squier Jazz bass but want to add the Precision bass tone.

Thank you.

Squier PJ bass had a compromise between 1.65" and 1.6" nut width, it's like an in between neck....if that helps.....nut width is what I mean.....

leekirkham

Squier-Meister
Feb 15, 2012
Gilbert, AZ
If you don't mind going the vintage route, the Squier P-Bass Special series that ran between 1999 - 2010 came equipped with Jazz bass profiled necks. They are what I use for my work basses and they have a great feel. Plus you can find them at a fairly reasonable price in the used market.

As far as new, I do not think Squier is currently offering any Precision models with a jazz profile neck.

radiotech

Squier-Axpert
Apr 23, 2014
Freedonia
If you’re looking for new, the only basses from Squier right now with Jazz bass profile necks are Jazz, and Jaguar models. If you want that P tone, the CV Jag is the way to go, but both current Squier Jags are 32” scale (if that’s a concern for you).

I’m the opposite, I prefer the P profile, if the Squier Jag Humbucker model was a P-profile, I’d already have one.

I would check on fb market place, and Craigslist, guys are often looking to swap a Jazz neck for a P neck (and visa-versa). They are interchangeable on most Jazz, and P Squier models.