Testament, Exodus, and Death Angel on Saturday

Eddie

My Squier is on Fire !!!
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2016
New York
I know it's only Wednesday, but I'm excited about Saturday evening. My two oldest girls are coming with me to see Testament, Exodus, and Death Angel. I think it's a blessing that I have kids who can come to concerts with me ... especially the heavy stuff.

Anyway, the school year has been good. I'm really tired. I need to get my sea legs back. First few weeks are always hectic ... setting norms and beginning instruction. The good thing is that we have the upcoming Rosh Hoshanah weekend ... off on M and T. I can't complain.

So far the kids are pretty good .. much better than last year. Last year's kids came off of 1.5 years of remote instruction where they learned to cheat and do nothing, and still pass. This year's group are more involved in their grades ... even though I've already caught two students using PhotoMath to complete their HW.

Oh, also, my Squier Contemporary Tele came in the other day. Not too shabby. I haven't had much time to put it through the ringer ... but I gave it a test run. Well built. Three position pup switch gives three very distinct tones. I like that. Chugs nicely. More info to come.

Hope everyone's doing well. I'll post pictures of the Tele and the Testament concert shortly. :)

Eddd

Squier-holic
Nov 20, 2019
Canada
I know it's only Wednesday, but I'm excited about Saturday evening. My two oldest girls are coming with me to see Testament, Exodus, and Death Angel. I think it's a blessing that I have kids who can come to concerts with me ... especially the heavy stuff.

Anyway, the school year has been good. I'm really tired. I need to get my sea legs back. First few weeks are always hectic ... setting norms and beginning instruction. The good thing is that we have the upcoming Rosh Hoshanah weekend ... off on M and T. I can't complain.

So far the kids are pretty good .. much better than last year. Last year's kids came off of 1.5 years of remote instruction where they learned to cheat and do nothing, and still pass. This year's group are more involved in their grades ... even though I've already caught two students using PhotoMath to complete their HW.

Oh, also, my Squier Contemporary Tele came in the other day. Not too shabby. I haven't had much time to put it through the ringer ... but I gave it a test run. Well built. Three position pup switch gives three very distinct tones. I like that. Chugs nicely. More info to come.

Hope everyone's doing well. I'll post pictures of the Tele and the Testament concert shortly. :)
What is M and T?

Eddie

My Squier is on Fire !!!
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2016
New York
Monday and Tuesday is my guess, like a longer weekend :)

h aha. Sorry about that. I was just too lazy to type out the words. Sorry.

It'll be nice having Monday and Tuesday off to recover a bit. Then we have Yom Kippur off on October 5th. :)

PSAT administration on the 12th. So there's a few non-teaching days coming up.

Thinking of some place to go for Rosh Hoshanah. Maybe run to the Pocono Mountains for a few days. Get a cabin ... but the kids aren't having it. No roughing it for them.

Let her do it. She'll be happier and, as you say, no one cares in NYC. You should do corpse paint too. Otherwise, you'll just look like their chaperone. 😆💀

ha ha. Not a bad idea. At least no one will bother us on the subway. :)

Then again, the tourists in Times Square may be hitting us up for photos. :)

Eddie

My Squier is on Fire !!!
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2016
New York
I always wondered about how these musicians perceive their careers?

I can imagine their excitement back in the late 80's as things were looking up. They worked hard, they saw something to reach for ... but then 30+ years later, nada. 30 years olders, 30 years away from their prime ... still chugging away. But the reality must hit them that this is what it's gonna be. There's no super stardom ala Metallica on the horizon.