Tech help/advice regarding my PC

Naked Strat Brat

Squier-Nut
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 27, 2022
North, Snow, UFO Ville!
Today is BAD DAY. Having a very bad day. My Wife is in a surgery that is going to last for over 8 hours. My oldest little doggie is very sick, my transmission on the car I have here to drive just blew out, blowing chunks of transfluid, and my computer is acting up in a way it never has done.

Hope someone can help with the PC problems. Anything I click on with my mouse I get a warning from my anti virus MALWARE says the "site cannot provide a secure connection" no matter what it is I click on, be it the browser to open it, anything I have saved for addresses like my bank website (OUCH) and eBay, etc, even GMAIL or YAHOO the same thing. I can click a second or third time and eventually get through all the pop up warnings saying the site cannot provide a secure connection, but I have to fight it! So I did run a scan with my Malware Bytes anto virus, and it does not show any malware! Next I shut down and rebooted. Sane problem after everything came back on. When this pop up notice comes up, I can click on it and it shows malware detected connected to my google browser, firefox browser and anything (including login on this website) as having malware. So I run another scan and it comes back no malware at all! This really stinks! LOL! Any suggestions anyone? I already asked my klds as youngsters these days know more then we do, but they just said buy a new PC but get a laptop! LOL!

Naked Strat Brat

Squier-Nut
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 27, 2022
North, Snow, UFO Ville!
Hope your wife will be ok, man what a shytty day :( and I know zilch about computers !!!
Thanks so much. Yes it is a hard row a times but I am a tuff ol gezer! LOL My Wife had open heart surgery, just now off the phone with the surgeon, she is in recovery and everything went well. I am so lucky to have her in my life, I'm 80 and she is much younger, 20 years younger! We've been together for 18 years now.

Exhead

Squier-holic
Jul 15, 2015
Nevada
Today is BAD DAY. Having a very bad day. My Wife is in a surgery that is going to last for over 8 hours. My oldest little doggie is very sick, my transmission on the car I have here to drive just blew out, blowing chunks of transfluid, and my computer is acting up in a way it never has done.

Hope someone can help with the PC problems. Anything I click on with my mouse I get a warning from my anti virus MALWARE says the "site cannot provide a secure connection" no matter what it is I click on, be it the browser to open it, anything I have saved for addresses like my bank website (OUCH) and eBay, etc, even GMAIL or YAHOO the same thing. I can click a second or third time and eventually get through all the pop up warnings saying the site cannot provide a secure connection, but I have to fight it! So I did run a scan with my Malware Bytes anto virus, and it does not show any malware! Next I shut down and rebooted. Sane problem after everything came back on. When this pop up notice comes up, I can click on it and it shows malware detected connected to my google browser, firefox browser and anything (including login on this website) as having malware. So I run another scan and it comes back no malware at all! This really stinks! LOL! Any suggestions anyone? I already asked my klds as youngsters these days know more then we do, but they just said buy a new PC but get a laptop! LOL!

Screenshots of the notifications and desktop, toolbar, running programs, etc.

Ace38

Squier-holic
Staff member
Jul 19, 2016
Tulsa, OK.
You need another computer and a flash drive. Download a program called rkill to the flash drive and put it on the problematic machine, then you can run malwarebytes and/or your regular malware/antivir. Rkill may show up as iexplore.exe, its designed to confuse malware into thinking its not an antimalware app.

Hadronic Spin

Affinity Rulez!
Jan 27, 2021
Los Angeles
@Naked Strat Brat , so glad to hear your BETTER half is doing well!

The following may be a pain in the butt, however, I find it far better to take action.

Make a list of all banking and accounts you pay online, and get all of your account numbers as well. Call them up, speak to a human and explain your situation.

Creditor's are willing to work with you if there are issues, AND they are ecstatic when a customer shows honesty and initiative.

Best of luck...

Jason

Naked Strat Brat

Squier-Nut
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 27, 2022
North, Snow, UFO Ville!
@Naked Strat Brat , so glad to hear your BETTER half is doing well!

The following may be a pain in the butt, however, I find it far better to take action.

Make a list of all banking and accounts you pay online, and get all of your account numbers as well. Call them up, speak to a human and explain your situation.

Creditor's are willing to work with you if there are issues, AND they are ecstatic when a customer shows honesty and initiative.

Best of luck...

Jason
Thanks will do!

Naked Strat Brat

Squier-Nut
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 27, 2022
North, Snow, UFO Ville!
You need another computer and a flash drive. Download a program called rkill to the flash drive and put it on the problematic machine, then you can run malwarebytes and/or your regular malware/antivir. Rkill may show up as iexplore.exe, its designed to confuse malware into thinking its not an antimalware app.
I saved all my accounts and log in information on a flash and then got rid of my Chrome web browser as all the issues stemmed from that browser. I then downloaded a new Chrome web browser and ran my malware bytes anti virus and another program called stinger which captured a trojan horse. I then ran the malware bytes scan one more time, nothing showing up and no more issues! SO I got the idea from all of your giving me advise to do this and now so far, seems I am in the clear! AMAZING! Thank you one and all!