Tascam or Zoomer for Recording Jams

Oldguitarguy

Squier-holic
Mar 2, 2019
Nj
Thinking of picking up a Zoom or Tascam recorder to casually record jams. Probably used. Do you know anything about them? Any thoughts or suggestions on which one or models? Trying to keep the price low without buying a crappy model. Want to be able to send to phone/computer to listen.

Faith Nicole

Squier-holic
Nov 14, 2013
Florida
I use the Zoom Q8 camera .. well, audio recorder with basic crap video. I get good results, however, I don't get enough rear rejection so I end up with a lot of crowd noise. The ALR feature really messes with me as well. Still, not enough for me to shop a replacement

Oldguitarguy

Squier-holic
Mar 2, 2019
Nj
Tried to connect a Behringer Uphoria UM2 and a Mic to Waveform on my computer but could only get audio from the laptop microphone, not the Uphoria. Downloaded Asio and selected it as input in Waveform and it is not recognizing the connected mic. even though selected. Any thoughts?

daemon

Squier Talker
Jan 3, 2014
Cincinnati
I've used a Zoom H2 for years and it's done a great job. Has lots of channel options so you can get a mix of front/back/right/left.

Oldguitarguy

Squier-holic
Mar 2, 2019
Nj
I installed Waveform and Reaper on my Windows laptop, and although the software is set for the Behringer Uphoria UMB2 AsioAllv2 updated driver, input 1 is active, and the consensor mic works, I can’t get either software to accept the UM2 signal instead of the laptop microphone. Frustrating. Any ideas?

wak atak

Squier-Meister
Jul 8, 2021
florida
I would double check the preferences on the DAW, then with the DAW open click the ASIO icon in the task bar and make sure USB audio codec is selected for in/out.( ASIO is green icon). If everything looks good try right clicking on the track you are trying to record to see if it will allow you choose between the two lines on the UM2.

Last edited:

Latest posts