Should I Do It?

dbrian66

Squier-Axpert
Jul 14, 2017
Maryland, USA
So you guys are killing me with all the pro audio star threads! I really do not need (or want if I’m honest with myself) another fender type six string. But maybe I could use a new bass. I rarely ever play, and when I do I use a Squier standard. But this CV looks really nice. I think I could sell the Standard for close to what the CV will cost me. Is it worth it? Is the CV that much better than the standard? What should I do!?!

194C9615-361E-4F2C-A6E3-C95EF03EB5DE.jpeg
C54F2F71-90DF-4A41-8532-254A24A9C04A.png

DJGranite

Squier-holic
Feb 7, 2012
maine
The bass you have looks to be more versatile with the P/J pickups vs only the P pickup on the CV 70s.
Rosewood is my personal preference over Maple, the black block inlays look nice though.
I wonder if the Walnut body makes much as difference in the sound?
Is that Shoreline Gold? I like Shoreline Gold...👍

Naked Strat Brat

Squier-holic
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 27, 2022
North, Snow, UFO Ville!
I would rethink any purchases from PAS as they are not answering emails nor the phone. I made a purchase on Nov 26, and zero response from either their email or phone, they don't answer either way even on facebook! You can send me 200 bucks and I will at least give you a reply! LOL

drewcp

Dr. Squier
Staff member
Dec 14, 2018
Saint Paul, MN
I would keep the PJ pickups with Rosewood if it was me. That particular era/color of Standard P Bass is as good as anything else I've ever played in a similar price range

porkpie

Squier-holic
Mar 16, 2015
Idaho

Attachments

• squiergold1.jpg
    squiergold1.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

usclassic

Squier Talker
Dec 4, 2022
MS, USA
They also had that listed on eBay and accepted my offer for less $. I wonder if open box means they looked it over and found issues I will need to fix with the set up but for that low a price it will be fun to play with.

dbrian66

Squier-Axpert
Jul 14, 2017
Maryland, USA
They also had that listed on eBay and accepted my offer for less $. I wonder if open box means they looked it over and found issues I will need to fix with the set up but for that low a price it will be fun to play with.
Glad someone here got it! Let us know how it is when you get it

dbrian66

Squier-Axpert
Jul 14, 2017
Maryland, USA
For the same money you can get this... Active HB pickup, roasted maple neck and in Shoreline Gold. It was a no brainer for me. But then I don't mind the risk was PAS. My experience with them is not the same as some.

View attachment 247013
I saw that one as well, but if I recall correctly, that one was an Affinity. I figured my Standard was at least as good. So the Affinity wouldn’t be an upgrade. But I was thinking about the CV because in my mind it would be an even trade price wise for a much better guitar. In the end it was just a strong case of GAS brought on by all the wonderful people here! LOL! I’ll stick with my Standard.