RIP Christine McVee

DougMen

Dr. Squier
Jun 8, 2017
Honolulu, HI
I never cared much for Stevie Nicks or Lindsey Buckingham, but Christine always had the best songs from that era of FM, IMO. And, I love the three albums that post Peter Green/Jeremy Spencer FM made- Future Games, Bare Trees, and Mystery To Me. Rip sweet lady. Thanks for all the joy you gave and continue to give us.

Shine

Squier-holic
Nov 29, 2016
West Coast Landia
Many, many years ago I had a girlfriend who swore by this album. I was kinda “meh” about it—probably thought it was too girly. About ten years later I bought a used copy and thought it was actually pretty cool!

Another example of a recording I like a lot just before a band got really big. Christine’s singing and playing are exemplary:

Rollmeaway

Squier-Nut
Feb 7, 2016
Fayetteville, NC
Sad day.

I always felt like Stevie and Christine were an extremely talented "Betty and Veronica" type scenario. Christine was a great writer and very good singer. Stevie had "that thing" vocally and hit a few home runs in the writing department. Just thankful for all that they have given us collectively.
Very well said...

In the later years when Christine was having panic attacks and was afraid to fly, the band would haul her Hammond organ around and have it on stage unplayed... She was such a beautiful lady. Stevie had presence, but Christine was like the only adult in the room.

My wife and I use the term of affection "Honey" for the last 45 years. She has been playing that song since yesterday and I cry every time I hear it...

Last edited: