Pro AudioStar CV 60’s Stratocaster

spyhawk36

Squier-Meister
Sep 23, 2011
Detroit
I just ordered a new Squier Classic Vibe 60’s Stratocaster in candy apple red for $264.99 this includes $15 tax and free shipping. Has anyone dealt with Pro AudioStar before? I’m hoping I’ll like the guitar. I have a 2012 Squier Standard Stratocaster in candy apple red finish to match this guitar.

DougMen

Dr. Squier
Jun 8, 2017
Honolulu, HI
CAR seems to be less popular than LPB on that model, because they have none, nor does SW. They're backordered. Of course, they should offer it in Fiesta Red too. As I've said a million times, I don't like the game where the RW/IL is only offered in some colors, and the maple only in other colors that they now do on Squiers and Fenders. It should be like Fender in the old days, and as recently as the MIM and MIA Standards, where any color could be purchased with either neck.

Last edited:

mitch_cumsteen

Squier-holic
Jun 25, 2018
Baja California Sur, MX
I just ordered a new Squier Classic Vibe 60’s Stratocaster in candy apple red for $264.99 this includes $15 tax and free shipping. Has anyone dealt with Pro AudioStar before? I’m hoping I’ll like the guitar. I have a 2012 Squier Standard Stratocaster in candy apple red finish to match this guitar.

If you do a little snooping around on this site, you'll find a few threads where people have taken advantage of the "Great Pro Audio Star sale of 2022". Some are conjecturing that members here could be responsible for as many as 100 of the purchases. I haven't heard any bad reports, just satisfied customers.

Enjoy!

spyhawk36

Squier-Meister
Sep 23, 2011
Detroit
CAR seems to be less popular than LPB on that model, because they have none, nor does SW. They're backordered. Of course, they should offer it in Fiesta Red too. As I've said a million times, I don't like the game where the RW/IL is only offered in some colors, and the maple only in other colors that they now do on Squiers and Fenders. It should be like Fender in the old days, and as recently as the MIM and MIA Standards, where any color could be purchased with either neck.
Yes I did my homework on this guitar. You are correct on LPB seems to be the popular choice on this model. I kind of wanted the 3 color sunburst color. But every place is out of them or they are about $100 more for some reason. When I seen the CAR for $249.99 I couldn’t believe it. Crazy price.

spyhawk36

Squier-Meister
Sep 23, 2011
Detroit
I’m also working on a junky 2000 Squier Affinity Stratocaster I bought about 9 years ago for $40. The pots and 5way switch are junk. The body has had at least 3 different pickguards on it in its life. The logo has been removed and the neck has been sanded down to bare wood. I’m going to put in my electronics from my 2012 Squier Standard that I have recently updated with CTS pots and switchcraft switch. Better than what was in it.

Last edited:

baddmann28

Squier Talker
Nov 20, 2022
USA
I ordered a CV 50's tele on from this sale, but it's going to go back. There's some odd stuff under the finish, like the wood was burned under the control cavity and down around the side, and some really bad fret sprout. We'll find out how their return policy is. FWIW I had one coming from fender as well, should be here tomorrow.