Pot Luck Affinity 's

Syco

Squier-Meister
Sep 11, 2022
Tuttle, Oklahoma
Bought a couple of scratch & dent affinity strats . Olympic White / Maple Neck : Condition is listed as " having an indentation and finish chip with wood exposed on bottom side of body . Ebony / Maple Neck : Condition listed as " Finish crack on the bass side of neck pocket and other scratches on various parts of guitar .

Thinking of doing a Jimmie Vaughan -ish upgrade on the Olympic White and a David Gilmour-ish upgrade on the ebony . I have a set of Tex-Mex pickups , just need to get a new switch , pots and jack for the Olympic White . Getting a loaded 57/62 pickguard , would that be good enough ( not trying to do an exact replication ) for a "budget Gilmour " or is there some other pickup combo that ( budget wise ) would do better .

These are going to be my "winter projects " along with a few other LP projects I've got . Will post pics as soon as I get the strats ......hopefully by Saturday . Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated . I'm a slow goer on this type stuff ..... so don't expect to see much progress very quickly . Thanks for your time .

dpang2836

Squier-holic
Double Platinum Member
Jan 25, 2022
IDAHO
Look into some Bootstraps! Cheaper than most Korean and made in USA! 4-5 weeks, so you have the time.:eek:

Neophyte16

Squier-Meister
Jul 4, 2018
Philippines
Look into some Bootstraps! Cheaper than most Korean and made in USA! 4-5 weeks, so you have the time.:eek:
Thanks for this! I am currently looking budget pickups.

Latest posts