Playing goals….

shingh2002

Squier-holic
Sep 30, 2020
UK
I’ve been playing the guitar on and off since I was 13. It was intensive for those first few years and then a background hobby up until the last year and a half where the pandemic pushed me back into exploring the instrument and modification. I was kinda unlucky at high school that I never struck a kinship with a group of musicians and so never really got to explore my music in a group. I’m even further isolated now with raising two young children and commuting in and out of the city for work.

I have one goal really set for myself, without a specific timeline, to start writing music. In a way I want to be able to collaborate with myself and explore my creativity by layering and building tracks. I believe my technique and craft will grow alongside and I’ll push myself to develop in areas once I realise where the problems are!

Twostratsfornow

Squier-holic
Silver Supporting Member
Nov 14, 2020
Ontario, Canada
I’ve been playing the guitar on and off since I was 13. It was intensive for those first few years and then a background hobby up until the last year and a half where the pandemic pushed me back into exploring the instrument and modification. I was kinda unlucky at high school that I never struck a kinship with a group of musicians and so never really got to explore my music in a group. I’m even further isolated now with raising two young children and commuting in and out of the city for work.

I have one goal really set for myself, without a specific timeline, to start writing music. In a way I want to be able to collaborate with myself and explore my creativity by layering and building tracks. I believe my technique and craft will grow alongside and I’ll push myself to develop in areas once I realise where the problems are!
Thanks for sharing your journey and your goal. I wish you success!

Ladeeh

Squier-Meister
Sep 10, 2021
Balkans
In this never-ending journey, I want to learn about that silence as much as I can. Like Bethoveen said - Music is not in the notes, but in the silence between.

speelyei

Squier-holic
Sep 22, 2020
North America
Thread resurrection…

It’s been almost a year! The first set of 30 are ready for me to pick up Monday. D3E26636-E29B-429E-B946-A57DA8FC00B2.jpeg I may take them to be cut or engraved with the trade name before letting any go…
72939319-653D-4968-8CB8-6E5F6275E112.jpeg

I am also most of the way through Truefire’s “Street Theory for Guitarists”.
Anyone else still chipping away at goals?

grizzlewulf

Squier-holic
Dec 11, 2020
Lucerne, California
Thread resurrection…

It’s been almost a year! The first set of 30 are ready for me to pick up Monday. View attachment 239748 I may take them to be cut or engraved with the trade name before letting any go…
View attachment 239749

I am also most of the way through Truefire’s “Street Theory for Guitarists”.
Anyone else still chipping away at goals?

You resurrecting the thread lead me to re-read my original post...I haven't made a lot of direct progress, but I got to do music for a live play, which was a weird and fun project, and maybe in a roundabout way is getting me toward what I envision doing someday.

Glad you're making progress on your vibrato mod, amigo.

Last edited:

Randall E

Squier-Meister
Oct 3, 2021
Central California
My personal Journey is I finally picked up a guitar on my 60th Birthday. Next week I turn 63. I just get tickled every time I learn a new riff. No goals, just have fun. Last week, Stephen Colbert had James Taylor sitting in with the band. James admitted he still does not know how to read music. Sometimes I just have the most fun just noodling around. I wonder if that's how James did it.

Twostratsfornow

Squier-holic
Silver Supporting Member
Nov 14, 2020
Ontario, Canada
My personal Journey is I finally picked up a guitar on my 60th Birthday. Next week I turn 63. I just get tickled every time I learn a new riff. No goals, just have fun. Last week, Stephen Colbert had James Taylor sitting in with the band. James admitted he still does not know how to read music. Sometimes I just have the most fun just noodling around. I wonder if that's how James did it.
We’re similar. Glad you’re enjoying your journey!

speelyei

Squier-holic
Sep 22, 2020
North America
You resurrecting the thread lead me to re-read my original post...I haven't made a lot of direct progress, but I got to do music for a live play, which was a weird and fun project, and maybe in a roundabout way is getting me toward what I envision doing someday.

Glad you're making progress on your vibrato mod, amigo.
Thanks!