Ordered a new neck...

dpang2836

Squier-holic
Double Platinum Member
Jan 25, 2022
IDAHO
Neck will Fade in time! Looks smooth as a baby's behind, so you can blame the Decal! Great Job! I noticed a little crack off the B String hole. Make sure that Tuner is not too tight in that Hole when put back together, so it won't be a problem later.

Reverend Bow

Squier-Meister
Jul 2, 2022
Southwest AZ
Neck will Fade in time! Looks smooth as a baby's behind, so you can blame the Decal! Great Job! I noticed a little crack off the B String hole. Make sure that Tuner is not too tight in that Hole when put back together, so it won't be a problem later.
Thanks

That isn't a crack, it is a mineral line in the wood (yes, you freaked me out and I had to go look! )

Reverend Bow

Squier-Meister
Jul 2, 2022
Southwest AZ
Finished dinner and decided to take the leap...

Most nerve racking thing I have ever done to a guitar...
IMG_20221124_163506208.jpg

It might news to come off again to get shimmed, but the neck mount holes drilling is complete...

Time to swap the pickguard

Reverend Bow

Squier-Meister
Jul 2, 2022
Southwest AZ
Well, I want to thank the Squier-Talk forum. You all are a wealth of knowledge, encouragement, and proper amount of G.A.S passing...

Got it done, and it plays better then it ever did in its stock form...

IMG_20221124_214827231.jpg
-Guitar Madness Alinco 5 humbuckers bridge and neck (15k)
-Guitar Madness Premium Alinco II in the Middle.

Neck pickup is wired out of phase
#1 tone is for the Neck
#2 tone is wired for the Bridge/Middle and is a Push/Pull to turn the Neck Pickup on any time (Gilmore Mod)

500K CTS Pots
Oak Grigsby 5-way switch
Graphtech Nut

I had build Up a Fleor Brown Tortoise shell pickguard up to drop in, but one of the holes didn't line up, and I wasn't drilling the body, so I stripped out the stock guard and used that one.

For the record: Guitar Madness Hot Rails do not fit in Single coil holes, the holes need to be squared out a bit.

Thanks for the encouragement!

This is what the CV70s Natural finish should have been...

Last edited: