Ordered a new neck...

dpang2836

Squier-holic
Double Platinum Member
Jan 25, 2022
IDAHO
Neck will Fade in time! Looks smooth as a baby's behind, so you can blame the Decal! Great Job! I noticed a little crack off the B String hole. Make sure that Tuner is not too tight in that Hole when put back together, so it won't be a problem later.

Reverend Bow

Squier-Meister
Jul 2, 2022
Southwest AZ
Neck will Fade in time! Looks smooth as a baby's behind, so you can blame the Decal! Great Job! I noticed a little crack off the B String hole. Make sure that Tuner is not too tight in that Hole when put back together, so it won't be a problem later.
Thanks

That isn't a crack, it is a mineral line in the wood (yes, you freaked me out and I had to go look! )

Reverend Bow

Squier-Meister
Jul 2, 2022
Southwest AZ
Well, I want to thank the Squier-Talk forum. You all are a wealth of knowledge, encouragement, and proper amount of G.A.S passing...

Got it done, and it plays better then it ever did in its stock form...

IMG_20221124_214827231.jpg
-Guitar Madness Alinco 5 humbuckers bridge and neck (15k)
-Guitar Madness Premium Alinco II in the Middle.

Neck pickup is wired out of phase
#1 tone is for the Neck
#2 tone is wired for the Bridge/Middle and is a Push/Pull to turn the Neck Pickup on any time (Gilmore Mod)

500K CTS Pots
Oak Grigsby 5-way switch
Graphtech Nut

I had build Up a Fleor Brown Tortoise shell pickguard up to drop in, but one of the holes didn't line up, and I wasn't drilling the body, so I stripped out the stock guard and used that one.

For the record: Guitar Madness Hot Rails do not fit in Single coil holes, the holes need to be squared out a bit.

Thanks for the encouragement!

This is what the CV70s Natural finish should have been...

Last edited:

Reverend Bow

Squier-Meister
Jul 2, 2022
Southwest AZ
By the way, I didn't mention it, but I installed GHS Stainless Steel Flatwounds on this thing.

750 Rock set, .009s

iu

They are great! Not as thuddy as the D'Addarios, a little briter. A real nice in between tone compared to standard round wounds and Nickle Flatwounds

DougMen

Dr. Squier
Jun 8, 2017
Honolulu, HI
If Fender would do like they should, and offer every Squier and Fender model in either maple or RW/IL for every color body of that model, as they used to, then you wouldn't have to spend all that money to get the body color and neck that you want. After all, they make the CV 70s HSS Strat in black with a maple neck, so it's not as if there isn't a CV 70s Strat maple neck. They should also offer the CV50s and 60s Strats in all the colors that both come in, so you should get the CV 50s color bodies with an IL board, and the CV 60s color bodies with a maple neck. I guess they would have to use different PGs too, but that isn't so hard. Everything else is the same between the two.

Last edited:

Reverend Bow

Squier-Meister
Jul 2, 2022
Southwest AZ
If Fender would do like they should, and offer every Squier and Fender model in either maple or RW/IL for every color body of that model, as they used to, then you wouldn't have to spend all that money to get the body color and neck that you want. After all, they make the CV 70s HSS Strat in black with a maple neck, so it's not as if there isn't a CV 70s Strat maple neck. They should offer the CV50s and 60s Strats in all the colors that both come in, so you should get the CV 50s color bodies with an IL board, and the CV 60s color bodies with a maple neck. I guess they would have to use different PGs too, but that isn't so hard. Everything else is the same between the two.
Agree 100%

But since they don't, I did. And I am loving it!

Latest posts