NGD! It has safely arrived

Reverend Bow

Squier-Meister
Jul 2, 2022
Southwest AZ
Awesome! I try to pick up and play every Classic Vibe I'm able to, and I still haven't been disappointed by one. Excellent guitars.

What's your opinion on the lacquer they put on the neck? Like it, don't like it?

So...

As you can imagine, I was playing it quite a bit last night....

I did notice the back of the neck getting sticky... It feels great, until the tackiness sets in...

it will probably get a bit of 0000 steel wool up it's backside.

I am actually going out of town for a week, so I will let the guitar get use to the climate down here while I am gone, but the truss rod needs a little tightening already... and I will probably steel wool the neck then too

Lanaka

AKA GhostGuitars
Platinum Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2020
Honolulu, HI
Thanks for all the mental support!

LOL, We're especially good at being mental!

🤪😆😁

Classic Vibe 70s Stratocaster Natural finish.
View attachment 241031

I am starting to have a thing for Tortoise pickguards...

View attachment 241032

Nice CV70! But I REALLY love that 3-tone Strat! 😋 Thanks, I was really wondering how'd my Austin 3-tone burst would look with a torty pickguard! Except for the headstock, your's could've been a twin of my AU-731! Hmm, those black hardwares looks good too!

Austin_AU731-CC2-ZA3(3000²).jpg

dpang2836

Squier-holic
Double Platinum Member
Jan 25, 2022
IDAHO
I didn't think they did a CV70 with Maple? CV50's are Maple. I was looking for some, but none I could find. I did see they did Maple in the Black CV70's, but no Necks around. Plenty of Fender Mex ones.:cool:

Reverend Bow

Squier-Meister
Jul 2, 2022
Southwest AZ
I didn't think they did a CV70 with Maple? CV50's are Maple. I was looking for some, but none I could find. I did see they did Maple in the Black CV70's, but no Necks around. Plenty of Fender Mex ones.:cool:
No, they didn't do the CV70s Natural body with Maple Fret boards... they are Indian Laural

the Black HSS CV70s has a maple fret board neck

is the MIM neck a bolt on?

Last edited:

Reverend Bow

Squier-Meister
Jul 2, 2022
Southwest AZ
LOL, We're especially good at being mental!

🤪😆😁

Nice CV70! But I REALLY love that 3-tone Strat! 😋 Thanks, I was really wondering how'd my Austin 3-tone burst would look with a torty pickguard! Except for the headstock, your's could've been a twin of my AU-731! Hmm, those black hardwares looks good too!

View attachment 241056

I love me a burst as well... My Squier SE is a Burst (in the photo Above), as well as my '93 MIA American Standard, but this Natural just gave me serious GAS

dpang2836

Squier-holic
Double Platinum Member
Jan 25, 2022
IDAHO
No, they didn't do the CV70s Natural body with Maple Fret boards... they are Indian Laural

the Black HSS CV70s has a maple fret board neck

is the MIM neck a bolt on?
Yes, Bolt-On. Nice Necks they make. I even looked for a Squier Tele Deluxe Neck like previously mentioned, which was looking better, but Nada. Easy to Round out Heel with a strip of sandpaper. Since Fender Mex's are 3-4 Hundred, I use Allparts, WD's, or Mighty Mites. which are half as much. There is a few Maple Squier Necks in China, but here some had trouble with them. You can tell they are not Take-Offs with no Screwholes in Heel and also none for Tuners. Factory rejects with Truss Rod Problems etc. I will keep an eye out!:cool:

Reverend Bow

Squier-Meister
Jul 2, 2022
Southwest AZ
Yes, Bolt-On. Nice Necks they make. I even looked for a Squier Tele Deluxe Neck like previously mentioned, which was looking better, but Nada. Easy to Round out Heel with a strip of sandpaper. Since Fender Mex's are 3-4 Hundred, I use Allparts, WD's, or Mighty Mites. which are half as much. There is a few Maple Squier Necks in China, but here some had trouble with them. You can tell they are not Take-Offs with no Screwholes in Heel and also none for Tuners. Factory rejects with Truss Rod Problems etc. I will keep an eye out!:cool:

Fender is pretty proud of their parts (like Henry Ford...)

I will look at Allparts, WD. or Mighty Mite

Reverend Bow

Squier-Meister
Jul 2, 2022
Southwest AZ
A CV here! And it won't last long.

I want the Big Headstock... you know... it looks so Groovy...

Like this: