New Pedal Board

otma

Squier-holic
Nov 4, 2012
Owen, Wisconsin
This board will be for my boost/overdrive/fuzz pedals, which will be on a separate board from the larger time/modulation section on a programmable loop switcher, and the board that has my tuner, eq, and compressor pedals, along with my drum synth and bass synth. I want to try to put Velcro strips above, below, and to the sides of the cross carving, so it remains visible in the center of the board. With 6 dirt pedals to slot onto it, that should work out pretty well.

otma

Squier-holic
Nov 4, 2012
Owen, Wisconsin
I'm just wondering if it is appropriate for that use considering that it used to sit on a church altar and hold a bible?
There are many things that end up being repurposed when they are finished being what they were used for originally. I think that whether the new use is respectful to what the thing originally was lies not in comparing the two uses, but in the intent of the user and what that use means to them. What is a pedal board (although at this point, I think it likely to be used as a synth board rather than as a drive pedal board) to a guitarist? I think if a thing like this was something that should never be repurposed, a church wouldn't have sold it. Since it was sold, I think a pedal board is a perfectly fine use. It's like a painter's easel. Like a writer's desk. Like a craftsman's bench. I think it would be more disrespectful to leave it gathering dust in the basement or to use it as a doorstop or something. If your music means something to you, so do the tools you make it with. It's like Brian May and his dad cutting up an old fireplace mantelpiece. It gives it new life.