Intro: Me and my guitar....

Tymnus

Silver Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2022
California
Hey folks, glad to be here. I live in the SF Bay Area and play original music in a band locally. I have been lurking quite a bit over the last 6 months or so. I have gained some good knowledge to help me move forward with my purchase of a CV Squier Jazzmaster through Chicago Music Exchange. (The purple one with the Golf Anodized Guard). Ran into all kinds of issues with this guitar and almost returned it to be honest. However... I was looking to custom this thing out, so I took one on the chin and kept this guitar. I love it now. Here are the deets if you are interested in discussing it.

Squier Guitar: CV Jazzmaster (First seen here: https://www.andertons.co.uk/squier-fsr-classic-vibe-60s-jazzmaster-metallic-purple)

Customizations:

Neck P/U = Reverend P90 Taken out of a Charger 290
Bridge P/U = J Mascis Jazzmaster P90

Replaced all electronics with 920D Custom JMH-VINTAGE Wiring Harness

Fender Jazzmaster Player Neck
Fender F Neckplate Chrome

Black Pickup Covers

Black volume and tone knobs with custom labradorite cabochon inset

WD Custom Pickguard, Mother of pearl

Jazzmaster/Jaguar Hardtail Conversion Plate - with increased Break Angle

Soon to install a Tusq Nut and might replace the bridge... we shall see. At this point, it is barely a Squier. Lol.

miket1117

Squier-holic
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 31, 2018
Kansas City
Welcome! and don't count on the soup and sandwiches. i was promised a buffet too on another new member thread... ain't no buffet either!

but if you're looking for some guitar and music comradery, you'll find it here and a lot more. perhaps that's the 'buffet'?

pics of your guitars? we LOVE pics!

Eddd

Squier-holic
Nov 20, 2019
Canada
Welcome! and don't count on the soup and sandwiches. i was promised a buffet too on another new member thread... ain't no buffet either!

but if you're looking for some guitar and music comradery, you'll find it here and a lot more. perhaps that's the 'buffet'?

pics of your guitars? we LOVE pics!
It because you always show up late😁.