First time ever in 30 years of playing guitar...

Reverend Bow

Squier-Meister
Jul 2, 2022
Southwest AZ
Shop Goodwill. It's Goodwill's online auction site. We used to be able to get very good deals on guitars. But these days, people tend to over bid ... far worse than ebay. Sometimes the bids are higher than the retail price of a new guitar.

Since these are donated guitars, Goodwill doesn't make any guarantees on the quality of what they're auctioning off. I've gotten some good deals over the years, but since the pandemic, it's been downhill.
Ahhh! thanks

Eddie

My Squier is on Fire !!!
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2016
New York
Ahhh! thanks

So you can imagine the risk we're taking with these donated instruments. Most of us are willing to accept that the guitars need some TLC ... but the last two I won were in really poor condition. The last one was a piece of garbage. Goodwill won't back up their sales. The onus is on us.

I won't be using SGW anymore. It was good at one time, but not anymore.

miket1117

Squier-holic
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 31, 2018
Kansas City
since i'm not a modder and don't do my own setups (*sigh* yes, one of those), for me it pays to be a careful buyer - whether in-store new or used or otherwise.

but in the end, i've got no problem buying online at all. and, like i mentioned earlier, have only been burned twice and both times were on me.

of course, i'm not as particular as some of you guys and might not notice stuff that in your hands might have you tearing your hair out over. blissfully ignorant? perhaps. :)

fortunately for me, for now, i'm done buying. i have a whole lot of exploring to do again with the guitars that i have. have hardly played since November and then only on a couple.

now that the broken hand is healed and the tendons are stretching again, it won't be long...

but, again @Reverend Bow, hope the Strat is awesome. nothing like getting a brand new guitar and yours are the first hands on it.

Eddie

My Squier is on Fire !!!
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2016
New York
I can understand that, sight unseen, donated guitar, etc.

At least at a pawn shop/ Craigslist/FBM you can inspect it in person

I've been good. Sold a few guitars recently and haven't GAS'd for anything.

I'm at 20 guitars. Ideally, I'd like to get down to 10 ... not sure if that's possible.

Reverend Bow

Squier-Meister
Jul 2, 2022
Southwest AZ
I am at 17.... and all these have sentimental value....

These 14:
IMG_20140729_144205_949~2.jpg

My Modded SE
IMG_20220720_215418159~2.jpg

My BME/Stremel Custom
IMG_20140727_185440_937~3.jpg

I rairly get GAS anymore for guitars. But the CV70s caught my attention, and like my wife said, I don't buy much for myself anymore of real quality...

But I already told her I'm looking for a maple neck for it...

And the remaining ones will be "adjusted to taste" to make everyone specific to fit the tones (or voices?) In my head...

Dana Rudd

Squier-holic
Mar 9, 2020
Greybull, WY
You should not a problem with your purchase. In the last 3 years I've purchased 21 guitars online. I did send one back that was advertised as new and definitely not.
I live in the sticks with no guitar shops around.
Anyway that is a fine looking guitar, enjoy when it shows up.

JamesStrawberry

Squier Talker
Sep 3, 2022
Connecticut
I just ordered my first guitar online... from Sweetwater.

Classic Vibe 70s Natural
View attachment 240577
I mainly did it for the look of the woodgrain, I hope it isn't a dud...

And the $368 with tax didn't hurt either..

I have never bought a guitar I didn't play the actual model first, so I am freaking out a little... and my wife can't believe it either...

12 Sept delivery date can't come spoon enough...
Usually, with Sweetwater you buy what you see. The weight, the grain, everything.

squierTony

Dr. Squier
Jul 4, 2012
MAUD Oklahoma
Cool handle bro lol. The sausage king of Chicago is a guitar player lol.
You absolutely cannot go wrong when buying from Sweetwater. Worst case scenario, you don't like the guitar and send it back. With that being said, your guitar will have gone through their inspection process, so the chances of a dud are pretty slim.

Reverend Bow

Squier-Meister
Jul 2, 2022
Southwest AZ
So just got off the Phone with Sweetwater.

They gave me the 10% off the guitar price, which knocked it down to $303 before tax, and applied the savings to a Fender 610 Tweed Gig Bag (which is for the new strat), which cost me $24 after the credit from the guitar was applied.

Guitar should be here Saturday Sept 10