First time ever in 30 years of playing guitar...

Reverend Bow

Squier-Meister
Jul 2, 2022
Southwest AZ
I just ordered my first guitar online... from Sweetwater.

Classic Vibe 70s Natural
Screenshot_20220903-230650.png
I mainly did it for the look of the woodgrain, I hope it isn't a dud...

And the $368 with tax didn't hurt either..

I have never bought a guitar I didn't play the actual model first, so I am freaking out a little... and my wife can't believe it either...

12 Sept delivery date can't come spoon enough...

miket1117

Squier-holic
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 31, 2018
Kansas City
I'm probably an anomaly because i've only bought a couple of guitars in-store. and buying online, i've only been "burned" twice in that they were used and i just didn't ask enough of the right questions.

But the new ones I've bought online have all turned out fine. Hope yours turns out sweeter than expected!!

Eddie

My Squier is on Fire !!!
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2016
New York
I believe most members here are used guitar buyers. I know my collection is mainly used.

Yep, same here. Very rarely do I buy new. But I've purchased from Reverb without having played it first. Never had a problem.

I've only had two problems in the past few years when buying on FBM ... both those times I should have examined the guitar more thoroughly.

Oops ... my bad. I've had a few really bad situations when buying from SGW. I'm at the point where I don't even bother with them anymore.

Reverend Bow

Squier-Meister
Jul 2, 2022
Southwest AZ
We have been seeing you pay almost Retail for the Used ones, so we are Proud of you for Wading in the "New" Pool!:eek:
Yeah, the tele was bad on me... I lost money when I sold it... lesson learned...

The Affinity Strat/amp set I made $75 on, not including the work I put in setting it up...

So the last guitar I bought new was my 2007 Edwards Les Paul John Sykes model. Picked it up in Japan when I was visiting the inlaws.

thank you all for the encouraging words, I am pretty excited about getting the wood grain I like at a price not much higher then the big Fender sale price, and I wouldn't know what it looks like before hand.

65refinyellow

Squier-holic
Jun 29, 2015
norcal
Two of the three guitars I have were bought in small stores which came in so so at best, but were set up expertly by the store.

The third guitar, an online purchase, a MIM Classic Series 50s strat, was set up so poorly it was shocking.

Guitar Center.

Had I not known to address the issues in the awful pickup pole piece heights and the shameful non set up on a floating, non locking vintage style trem (which I admit is tricky), I would have retuned the guitar.

Given enough time with my experience I could set up a floating non locking strat trem like in your guitar, but unless Sweetwater has some great techs, you may have to fiddle with your trem to have it keep stable. The trem as set up from the Squier factory is the only weak point of these CVs. Many players get frustrated and deck the trem.

Here’s a great tutorial on setting up floating non locking strat trems:

Eddie

My Squier is on Fire !!!
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2016
New York
Excuse the ignorance ...

What is SGW?

Shop Goodwill. It's Goodwill's online auction site. We used to be able to get very good deals on guitars. But these days, people tend to over bid ... far worse than ebay. Sometimes the bids are higher than the retail price of a new guitar.

Since these are donated guitars, Goodwill doesn't make any guarantees on the quality of what they're auctioning off. I've gotten some good deals over the years, but since the pandemic, it's been downhill.