Fender MiM duo sonic neck into squier cv duo sonic?

maciekm

Mar 31, 2022
Poland
Hi,
I have Squier CV duo with frets and neck not in best shape and wonder if Fender MiM duo sonic neck would fit into it as replacement. Those necks are not cheap so not sure if it is worth;) any way would it fit? My concern is that fret number is differnet in MiM and CV so would it fit?

dpang2836

Squier-holic
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2022
IDAHO
It should be in Scale. Measure your Neck Pocket. 2 - 3/16 is Standard, but expect some Fitment. I bought an Allparts for my Mustang and has 22 Frets. Fits Flush with no Overhang of Board. They are Labeled Jag Necks, but 24" Scale like Duo's, Mustangs, Bronco's, etc. I just looked at a Fender Mex Player Duo Neck with 22 Frets:eek: Sorry, I now see 21 Frets on yout Guitar, so might not Work? Some came with 22 and looks like some Overhang with Board. We need Pics!

Last edited:

dpang2836

Squier-holic
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2022
IDAHO
The CV that I thought was 22 was a Mex. Won't work because 12th Fret will be too far away and you can't raise your Saddles about 1" up:eek: You will need to find a CV Neck just like yours!

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Silver Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2017
Western NY, USA
The MIM 'Stang neck will fit, but the guitar won't intonate unless you relocate the bridge.

For what it's worth, IIRC the CV Duo-Sonic neck is unique to that specific model. Again IIRC, the CV Duo-Sonic pocket to saddle dimension is the standard dimension for a 25 1/2" scale and the guitar should accommodate and intonate with a Strat neck. The CV Duo-Sonic neck is essentially a conversion neck, though I don't know why Fender or Squier chose to design the guitar that way. It looks vintage, superficially, but they gave it a lot of non-vintage features.

dpang2836

Squier-holic
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2022
IDAHO
Yes, those are Specific like those Modern Players from China with 22 Fret Flush Neck. No overhang like Normal Necks. Nothing but one of the same would fit? I even looked at some Squier Mustang and Jag Necks, but 22 Flush also. I had the Reverse Problem. Wore out my Allparts Mustang Neck. Bought a Blocked and Bound one from China. Looks good but had the Overhang. Had to put 3/8" Shim in Heel to back Neck out. Not as tight as I like, but Shim can't be seen.

Last edited:

RoyalWe

Squier-holic
Sep 5, 2012
Western Oregon
This thread is making me very nervous for my DS. I love that guitar, just had the frets leveled & crowned last year and they’re already showing wear again. I think if it comes to it that someday it becomes unserviceable I’ll just get a MIM DS. They make a desert sand & gold one these days, thought Tidepool one looks great too!

DougMen

Dr. Squier
Jun 8, 2017
Honolulu, HI
Traditional style Mustang and Jaguar necks, going back to the 60s, and now, at least on the CV Mustang and Jaguar, are 24" scale, 22 frets, with no overhang. The 22 fret necks with overhang are usually 25.5" scale Strat and Tele necks to fit a standard Fender Strat or Tele neck pocket, which will then work with a 21 fret neck or a 22 fret one with the overhang. Looking at MIM Duo Sonics and Mustangs, they are also 22 fret 24" scale, so will have no problem intonating, if they fit the neck pocket. However, Squier Duo Sonics are 24" scale 21 fret necks, so they won't intonate correctly with a 22 fret neck.

dpang2836

Squier-holic
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2022
IDAHO
I bet a China Neck with 22 Frets and an Overhang would work! You might have to sand under the Overhang a little, if Pickguard gets in the way.

dpang2836

Squier-holic
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2022
IDAHO
I thought I would throw out a measurement for Squier D S owners. It is from a Chinese 22 Fret 24" Scale Neck with an Overhang. Not recommended for a Mustang or D S with 22 Fret flush! I had to back it out 3/8"? I put a piece of wood under Lip. It's mostly hidden. My fault for buying, I should have seen the Lip, but I think it might work for a 21 Fret flush like in this Post. Measurement from Heel (not Lip) is 6-3/4" to Low E Saddle. With that your can see if close. :cool:

Latest posts