Ever Heard of the Squier Mus-Uar?

Benlostforyears

Squier-holic
Aug 17, 2020
Western NC
I'm sure several people saw this in their news feeds today, but British band the Cribs is pushing Fender/Squier to re-release their Ryan Jarman signature Mustang/Jaguar mash up. I've never seen one but it's such an interesting and cool guitar. Apparently they only released 150 in the UK in 2016 and they are now going for about $1,800 on the used market, similar to some of the other super limited release Squiers these days.

upload_2021-6-23_15-33-43.png
upload_2021-6-23_15-52-59.png

Benlostforyears

Squier-holic
Aug 17, 2020
Western NC

pgsdixon

Squier-Meister
Jul 26, 2020
Aurora, IL
It's a great guitar, and the best Squier I've ever played. I wish they would offer some other colors. I imported mine from Kenny's Music in the UK, and I think it was one of the last of them still out in the wild.

407NnZY.jpg

pgsdixon

Squier-Meister
Jul 26, 2020
Aurora, IL
It sorta seems to be trying to correct the over-offsetness of the Jagstang. This one is barely offset, the Jagstang kinda looks like it was caught in a taffy pulling machine.

The Jag-Stang design is an unfinished mess. I have red and sonic blue MIJ's, and no matter what they have never felt or played like I want them to. I can't even tell you how many things I've tried to "fix" them.

Scarabeus

Squier-Meister
Sep 15, 2015
If this were rereleased in other colors i like… black, silver, 3 tone burst, frost blue metallic, midnight blue metallic, white, etc… I would have no choice but to snatch one up as quickly as possible.
They look veryvery cool.

MyLittleEye

Squier Talker
Jan 13, 2021
Kew
Here's mine beside my Fender Pawnshop series Mustang Special. The Mustang Special is another super versatile mongrel thanks to its dual split coil humbucker wiring. I'd like to copy a similar switching circuit on the Musuar. I have my eye on a Creamery Sonic 60's twin sound (coil tapped) Jag pickup for the neck and perhaps a split coil Wide Range Humbucker for the bridge. Even though it's perhaps more collectible in its original condition it's still 'just a Squier' that I acquired to play and to mod. I don't see myself ever letting it go so resale value isn't a consideration, just so long as it inspires me to play.

20191204T131911.jpg

Scarabeus

Squier-Meister
Sep 15, 2015
Given the popularity and desirability of this model, one would think someone… or several someones… who have the skills would produce some custom bodies to sell. 🤷🏻‍♂️

novamax

Squier-Meister
Aug 18, 2015
The main thing with it was that it was an excellent neck with the esteemed AVRI/AV65 (or comparable) bridge + vibrato, plus good wood, excellent pickups, and interesting finish for originally less than 500 bucks. The bridge + vibrato and are produced by Fender only, and only those as spare parts would cost as much as the guitar.

This will be hard to match by anyone but Fender. I guess they noticed that they are hurting their AV65 sales and discontinued it quickly.