Squier-holic
Double Platinum Member
Jan 25, 2022
IDAHO

radiotech

Squier-Axpert
Apr 23, 2014
Freedonia
Any thoughts on the "used" CV Custom Tele with the neck humbucker? I've always wanted that configuration and I admit I've come that close to buying Glarry's version of one.

I’ve bought used from PAS, and have been happy (one small finish dink on the side/upper bout of my Gretsch Gin Rickey). I’ve bought new as well, and am well pleased with those purchases from them as well.
That’s a great guitar, and a great price.

That said: Given your modus operandi to return things not perfect, I would suggest you pass. Because with used at PAS… you can end up paying return shipping, and/or a 15% stocking fee. You’ve had some troubles with returns previously, I’d hate to see you have another.

kdm1218

Squier-Meister
Jun 18, 2021
TX

bls8226

Squier-Meister
Feb 16, 2020
Virginia
This is $229. Also very tempting. The main page says $199. When you click on the link it comes up $229. Maybe they will honor the $199?

04abc6def0201ee918bf0bcd52272ca1f4506b47_eb07c27052243b3550b50b21e24562f5b79a2411_FDR_12.jpg

bls8226

Squier-Meister
Feb 16, 2020
Virginia

frunobulax30076

Squier Talker
Sep 8, 2022
Atlanta, GA
After swearing off of forums like this that cause me to buy things.

and not buying a guitar or anything related for 12 years, I discovered CV Squier Teles on this site. Why I came here I do not know. I think I saw mention of the Proaudiostar sale on a deal site, and it snowballed from there.

I now have a new BSB CV 50's Tele (from Labor day sale), and a used '70s Tele (from last week) from Proaudiostar on the way. The '50s is excellent, except for a tiny bit of fret sprout. I am hoping the used one is ok. I certainly don't need any more guitars after stocking up on all the great deals 15 years ago. I have 4 Squiers, none of which I paid more $100 new ('51, Trans fat, Trans HSS, Strat Std). My skill level only deserves one guitar.

After reading about the Monoprice 15w tube amp on a sister site (www.tdpri.com), and finding it on sale for $202 pre tax with coupon "EXTRAMILE" and free shipping at Monoprice, I was forced to purchase it as well.

Sorry, I did not complete this earlier, I did not mean to post.

frunobulax30076

Squier Talker
Sep 8, 2022
Atlanta, GA
and not buying a guitar or anything related for 12 years, I discovered CV Squier Teles on this site. Why I came here I do not know. I think I saw mention of the Proaudiostar sale on a deal site, and it snowballed from there.

I now have a new BSB CV 50's Tele (from Labor day sale), and a used '70s Tele (from last week) from Proaudiostar on the way. The '50s is excellent, except for a tiny bit of fret sprout. I am hoping the used one is ok. I certainly don't need any more guitars after stocking up on all the great deals 15 years ago. I have 4 Squiers, none of which I paid more $100 new ('51, Trans fat, Trans HSS, Strat Std). My skill level only deserves one guitar.

After reading about the Monoprice 15w tube amp on a sister site (www.tdpri.com), and finding it on sale for $202 pre tax with coupon "EXTRAMILE" and free shipping at Monoprice, I was forced to purchase it as well.

Sorry, I did not complete this earlier, I did not mean to post.

The used CV '70s Telecaster arrived today from Proaudiostar in factory box with matching serial number. The packaging differences between this and the new CV 50's I got from the labor day sale is that the box of the new one was open on one end when delivered, the used was taped shut. Also, the boxes are different. The new box is almost twice as thick as the used. The new had the instructions and allen keys in a zip lock baggie. The used had them in a heat sealed baggie.

Like the new one the used on had all hang tags, and plastic coating on pickups, pickguard and neckplate. The used one did have a few fingerprints, and smudges. It almost like they opened it, handled it with dirty hands and put it back. Also, It was way out of tune. If it was a recent return, I think it would be closer than it was.

As far as the guitar itself, I can find no flaws, except maybe a pinhead sized defect in the finish on the side of the headstock, that is not even visible. Unlike the new one, the used one has no fret sprout or sharp frets. It's neck and frets are as well finished as any guitar I have, including a '88 US strat plus. Both guitars were well set up, but I was able to lower the saddles on both. Intonation was correct on both. The truss rod appears adjusted correctly for now. I will probably mess with it in a few days to make sure it works.

Sometimes I think vendors sell new as used or refurbished to get around minimum advertised price limits.

backporchmusic

Squier-Nut
Sep 6, 2014
Va
I tried and tried to hold off, but I am not made of stone. Just bought 4 in one go. At less than $250 each, shipped, I know I can sell them off on craigslist and break even if I don't like them. Hoping for good stuff. We'll see!

On the list: Shell Pink Super Sonic, Blue Cabronita Thinline, Shell Pink Offset Telecaster, and Shoreline Gold Contemporary Jaguar.