CV vs VM

radiotech

Squier-Axpert
Apr 23, 2014
Freedonia
Depends on the model, some are identical (like the VM Cabronita, it was indistinguishable from the CV Tele necks the years they made them). The original Squier ‘51’s were VM’s, and had one of the chunkiest necks ever on a VM (42mm at the nut, but very thick), the later ‘51 was the same width, but not as deep.
Seemed to me that the VM satin finished necks were a bit chunkier, and the candy-coated thick poly ones were the same as the CV’s.

TheBoss72

Squier-Meister
Jan 4, 2022
Ohio
I saw on Squier Wiki where the Tele Custom II showed a 7.5" radius. That seemed a little odd to me compared to the 9.5" found on a lot of other Teles besides Contemporary Series.

fattboyzz

Dr. Squier
Nov 29, 2017
Newnan ,Ga.
I had a older VM Tele in 2020.
My current Tele has a 2013 CV neck. Only difference was that the CV is gloss an the VM was satin. Both gr8 necks. CV being slightly better.

Id still have that VM if not for the weight ;(

the_dude

Squier-Nut
Feb 17, 2021
Japan
I have 2 VM's vs 5 CV's. Despite that, there's no clear winner with regards as to what I prefer.

VM's
View attachment 229746

CV's
View attachment 229747
That Black and White Tele... was it Made in India?

I had the same one that I gave away a few years ago (because I could only choose one guitar when moving). I loved it! It got most of my attention. Sometimes I think about contacting the person I gave it to and see if they still have it LOL.

Las Palmas Norte

Squier-Axpert
Feb 19, 2017
Vancouver Island, Canada
That Black and White Tele... was it Made in India?

I had the same one that I gave away a few years ago (because I could only choose one guitar when moving). I loved it! It got most of my attention. Sometimes I think about contacting the person I gave it to and see if they still have it LOL.
Yes, India made. I bought it from a guy that was moving out of the country. Sounded like he was downsizing too.