Can anyone help identify this squier?

It's a Squier Standard neck that's been gunkified.

The body is hard to say, but I think it's a Standard body als0. The pickup cavity matches a 99 Standard and some of those had the 8 hole pickguards like the one you have pictured.

The only that's throwing me off are the pickups. I've never seen them in a Standard, however, I have seen them in promotional Squiers.

Do you know how thick the body is?

Randomuser123

Squier Talker
Nov 12, 2020
Australia

The body is hard to say, but I think it's a Standard body als0. The pickup cavity matches a 99 Standard and some of those had the 8 hole pickguards like the one you have pictured.

The only that's throwing me off are the pickups. I've never seen them in a Standard, however, I have seen them in promotional Squiers.

thanks for your reply.
I just measured the body thickness at 45mm thick.

do you know any info on the pickups?

That's the right thickness for a Standard.

I don't know anything about the pickups other than I've only ever seen them on promotional Squiers. Promotional Squiers are guitars that are meant to be given away for...well, promotions.

If you search 'squier promotional strat' or something like that, you might find some info.

Does yours have a serial number on the back of the headstock?

Randomuser123

Squier Talker
Nov 12, 2020
Australia
That's the right thickness for a Standard.

I don't know anything about the pickups other than I've only ever seen them on promotional Squiers. Promotional Squiers are guitars that are meant to be given away for...well, promotions.

If you search 'squier promotional strat' or something like that, you might find some info.

Does yours have a serial number on the back of the headstock?

cheers!
No serial number on the back that I can see. image.jpg image.jpg

Lonn

Dr. Squier
Staff member
Dec 19, 2009
Carmel IN
Someone took one of these and turned it into that. Silver Sparkle Standard Strat.

oq82acax2gkqasiznbjj.jpg

radiotech

Squier-Axpert
Apr 23, 2014
Freedonia
Those pickups look like ones from an Epi Strat S310, I had one, that’s EXACTLY how the pups look, if you keep them, you’ll never need to shield it, because the pups are individually shielded!

*edit* that’s a S310 guard entirely, I recognize that plastic covered switch as well.

drewcp

Dr. Squier
Staff member
Dec 14, 2018
Saint Paul, MN
It definitely wasn't a silver sparkle standard at any point because those had a completely different headstock logo and a 2 point trem.

The pickguard sure looks like an Epiphone though, but it could have come from another brand of that era. I know the S310 wasn't the only strat type back then to have those sealed in, metal bottom pickups.

The neck is definitely an early-ish Squier Standard, but the routing in the body doesn't look like an early 6 point trem standard body route to me.

crowtee

Squier-Meister
Nov 29, 2018
utah
I have a 2000 Standard with a 21 fret neck and 6 point trem, I had a 2000 with a skinny 22 fret neck and a six point also. They changed to the skinny necks and 2 points about midway through the 2000 model year. The pickguard has been changed on this one, it came with an 11 screw guard.
View attachment 93422 View attachment 93423
I think it’s an early 2000 squier standard
If I new how to post the link to the thread I would post it, but dumb internet.

mike

Ace38

Squier-holic
Staff member
Jul 19, 2016
Tulsa, OK.
I think it’s an early 2000 squier standard
If I new how to post the link to the thread I would post it, but dumb internet.

mike

99, although I admit to wondering about that snowman rout being 99. Unless someone changed the neck 2000's had the large CBS style logo. 99's had the "65 transition" style you see here.