60's CV Strat Trem Block and Saddles

Matty78

Squier Talker
Mar 9, 2022
Breezy Point, NY
Can anyone recommend a new Trem Block (more substantial block) and a saddle set? Or do they come in a package. The saddles on the stock ones cut into my hand and are not very comfortable. I'm looking for something to drop right in.

Anyone mod this out? Interested in your thoughts.

Thanks!

Matty

Hal Nico

Squier-Nut
Dec 21, 2020
UK
Can anyone recommend a new Trem Block (more substantial block) and a saddle set? Or do they come in a package. The saddles on the stock ones cut into my hand and are not very comfortable. I'm looking for something to drop right in.

Anyone mod this out? Interested in your thoughts.

Thanks!

Matty

Your Trem system is of higher quality than my Squier Bullet and I have no problems with it and have no intention of changing the Trem or the block . It's a myth that a heavier block will give anymore noticeable sustain or change the tone of the guitar.

If the saddles are cutting into your hand either change your technique ( I play usually between the middle and neck pickups) or get some of this type of saddles,

HTH :)

Last edited:

Matty78

Squier Talker
Mar 9, 2022
Breezy Point, NY
Your Trem system is of higher quality than my Squier Bullet and I have no problems with it and have no intention of changing the Trem or the block . It's a myth that a heavier block will give anymore noticeable sustain or change the tone of the guitar.

If the saddles are cutting into your hand either change your technique ( I play usually between the middle and neck pickups) or get some of this type of saddles,

Thanks! I’ll check them out.

StewMac has a Squier package addressing this, the tuners, and string tree - but wanted to see less expensive alternatives. Used Musiclily’s locking tuners and they’ve been pretty good.

Maybe brass saddles? Thanks for responding.

bls8226

Squier-Meister
Feb 16, 2020
Virginia
If it's the saddle height adjustment screws that are scraping your hand, these solved my problem. They are available in a variety of lengths and finishes.

s-l1600.jpg

stratfreak

Squier-Meister
May 1, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I palm mute all the time on my Strats and the vintage-style saddle screws are too uncomfortable...so as others have suggested, an easy solution is to get modern-style saddles. You just need to make sure you get ones that are right for import Strats.

Matty78

Squier Talker
Mar 9, 2022
Breezy Point, NY
I palm mute all the time on my Strats and the vintage-style saddle screws are too uncomfortable...so as others have suggested, an easy solution is to get modern-style saddles. You just need to make sure you get ones that are right for import Strats.
Right...that's what I'm looking for actually. Does one need to measure with calipers (which I don't have) or is a measuring tape good enough? What exactly should I be measuring?

These are pretty common guitars...I would imagine there is a standard? Or are there little intricacies in production?

Strat.PNG

Audiowonderland

Squier Talker
Oct 2, 2022
USA

You need to pick where you need to pick to get the tone you want. Changing my technique is not an acceptable solution. I installed Highwood saddles on a few instruments to resolve. Might be a bit pricey for a Squier but its a solid option