41 Years of Metallica

howserx

Squier-holic
Apr 20, 2017
Winnipeg Canada
They lost me after 1989 .... nothing after 'In Justice' has been "Metallica".
There's been some songs on albums that followed that I've liked, but if you played me a song I wouldn't be able to place what albun it was from. they all sound the same. Nothing like "In Justice". There is no mistaking which album those songs are from. lol That album took me some warming up to but now it's my favourite. Kill 'em all comes close for the sheer speed of it, but justice wins.

Eddie

My Squier is on Fire !!!
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2016
New York
There's been some songs on albums that followed that I've liked, but if you played me a song I wouldn't be able to place what albun it was from. they all sound the same. Nothing like "In Justice". There is no mistaking which album those songs are from. lol That album took me some warming up to but now it's my favourite. Kill 'em all comes close for the sheer speed of it, but justice wins.

I still prefer ... And Justice for Jason.

DougMen

Dr. Squier
Jun 8, 2017
Honolulu, HI
A blonde surfer dude who I worked with at Island Guitars met Kirk out on the waves, and they became good friends. Kenny was also in construction, and did a lot of work on Kirk's house here, and also got hired as a roadie, and got to go all over the world with them. He's also been to Kirk's home in SF, and has seen his massive collection of guitars and amps. He told me that Kirk's Trainwreck was the best amp he's ever heard.
Kirk was supposed to bring the Peter Green/Gary Moore LP in for us to see after he bought it, but he never did. When he'd come in to try something, he wouldn't play metal. He'd play classic rock, blues rock, and other stuff. I told him he should make a solo album with those other styles, but, since James and Lars are such jerks, they probably wouldn't let him, thinking it would diminish the Metallica brand, and their street cred with metalheads. One time when Kirk came in, Kenny says "Doug's a great blues player", hands me a Strat and says "Here, play something". Of course, I froze and could barely play a chord, let alone any good licks, lol.

Doorstop

Squier-Axpert
Apr 23, 2014
The Windy City
A blonde surfer dude who I worked with at Island Guitars met Kirk out on the waves, and they became good friends. Kenny was also in construction, and did a lot of work on Kirk's house here, and also got hired as a roadie, and got to go all over the world with them. He's also been to Kirk's home in SF, and has seen his massive collection of guitars and amps. He told me that Kirk's Trainwreck was the best amp he's ever heard.
Kirk was supposed to bring the Peter Green/Gary Moore LP in for us to see after he bought it, but he never did. When he'd come in to try something, he wouldn't play metal. He'd play classic rock, blues rock, and other stuff. I told him he should make a solo album with those other styles, but, since James and Lars are such jerks, they probably wouldn't let him, thinking it would diminish the Metallica brand, and their street cred with metalheads. One time when Kirk came in, Kenny says "Doug's a great blues player", hands me a Strat and says "Here, play something". Of course, I froze and could barely play a chord, let alone any good licks, lol.
That is a GREAT story Doug!